Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hymn

We had a phenomenal Women's Conference! Vicki Simpson was The Business! She said it was prophesied that she is a jack hammer and BOY was she! No mucking around, she jumped straight it and busted things up! AWESOME!! I officially LOVE Italians.

-----

My Mama used to sing this all the time:

I didn't come here to ask You for anything
Oh I just came to say: Thank You Lord.
You answered my many prayers that I forgot to thank You for
So I just came to say: Thank You Lord.

Maybe tomorrow
There'll be sadness and sorrow
And a thousand tear drops may fall....
But until I face tomorrows task
I have no special things to ask
Oh I just came to say: Thank You Lord....

I think in the bigness of this World we live in - with celebrity lifestyle and reality tv and people wanting more, more, more and now, now, now - we can sometimes forget the simple things...

A hug
A wave
A smile
A laugh
A please
A thank you
A hand to lift
An ear to listen
A shoulder to cry on
even
The place you rest

...they matter to me... they should matter to 'we'....

I have moved into the spare room.
This is probably not a good idea and it may not last long but I am loving my space and the bed (a queen) to myself and the quiet. I get to have my 450 thread count sheets with my too soft pillows on a too soft mattress. Our bed (a super king) was made, perfectly, for my husband. It is rock hard and I really don't like it - so mini, pointless I might add, protest is on the cards and I am in the spare room. So far three nights, last night The Boss Man joined me. I like to think he wanted to be near me, however, it has also been really cold in these parts so seeing as I am a walking hottie (lol) I think there is other selfish reasoning.

Ok, what is on my heart at the moment:

My marriage: We are very busy. We hardly see each other AND he is really... irritable and irritating. Next weekend we are spending time together, not doing Church (though I think we will, we both love the house of God) but I'm praying God will breathe a fresh appreciation into my marriage - I don't want to be stale.

My future: I have not completely let go of my Waikato roots. I miss my whanau so much, miss the ease of their company, the laughter and hilarity that only comes when you know someone inside out. Anyway, I know I am called here but I would go home tomorrow if I could.

I need to load photos soon so much has happened that I am not adding... see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Brave of you for opening up like that!
    I'll also pray that breath of fresh appreciation into your marriage, also wisdom, love and peace into your situation =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate that so much.
    We are in good space, I am relinquishing control to my more than capable God, while arguing at the same time! Just shocking. BUT I love answered prayer and God hears my words and my heart, and I just need to hold onto that fact.

    Love, love, love your work btw! It is good to be back in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete