Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Phew!

So this is the beginning of Creative Me - not the flashest start, but a beginning none the less!


Thus far I have painted two pictures; Prep'ed a third.... 


One hasn't photographed well so no pic 


The second is this...

Psalm 27:13-14 - I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord


It may look... messy to some, maybe pointless... but I stare at it, turn it, look at it upside down, cast my eyes across it from the side... it makes me think. Now I just need to find a home for it! :o) 


I also found these treats that I am hoping to work wonders with! Pictures are taken with flash off because it kept reflecting off the couch

I have no idea what I am going to do with these but they were fifty cents.


Retro napkins, potentially... well ANYTHING - pencil cases, coin purses, baby bibs, softies 

And then there were these gorgeous little Crown Lynn Willow mugs
They're so cute I could kiss them!


I really appreciate the kindness and support of you, my fellow Bloggers.
I have been introduced to a new sphere of people who are ENCOURAGER'S, teachers and learners, unashamed, brave, adventurous and loving. 
You have stimulated a freedom in me that I did not know was capable, by allowing me to share my strange life/thoughts/behaviours/ with you and offering a wisdom I do not possess because you have lived and experienced a life that I have not. "I thank my God every time I remember you!" Phil. 1:3

YOU'RE AWESOME!!!


And finally this: 
Hebrews 12 :2-3 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."


Oh! One last thing: here LOVE IT!

3 comments:

  1. Well done!! I think it looks fab - art is such a personal thing, don't for a second care about what others see, as long as it reflects what you wish to convey!

    You seem to have found a groove - I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!!

    Are those REAL crown Lynn cups?? What a score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like! It looks great and will look fantastic when you give it it's rightful home.

    I have a load of old retro fabrics that I'm not sure what to do with yet either!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love coming to your blog - and your new green page is restful but kinda funky at the same time...green is one of my fave colours can you tell?! And I'm lovin those napkins too sister!! Can't wait to see what you do with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete