Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thinking aloud

Breathless - I love the ease of this song, carefree and sweet. 
Loving the first two lines of the chorus:

"I get so breathless when You call my name
I've often wondered do You fell the same?"

I don't know - are all songs written for me and God? Maybe :o)



A Hawkes Bay sunrise. An Artist at work.


...................


So I suffer some serious craft envy!
I want to be a photographer, a painter, a knitter, a sewer, a poet, a songwriter...
Agh! The list is endless!
I am enjoying the cruise around Blogland and checking out the recommendations of my fellow BlogBella's. I love seeing what has been cooked or cleaned up, painted, found, MADE with their own hands. The things that have caught their eye as being beautiful, in places I would never have thought to look! Or a song that makes me weep for it's simplicity.


My boys looking for sea glass.
Somehow I've convinced the Gents in my life to look for sea-glass - we don't find much, have managed to find bits of teaspoon and random stones. LOTS of smashed bottles - on their journey to sea smoothed brilliance - poxy stones, pumice, shattered shells. In my head I am creating something incredible from scraps, someone elses rubbish, but in reality my hands cannot translate what my mind dreams up.
Too frustrating, but I just keep dreaming. One day it'll happen!
We are doing a Winter Challenge at Church this month.
(pushing your boundaries a little you are challenged to do something that causes a stretch - it can be anything, spiritual, physical, mental etc) 
I am challenging myself to create. I am hoping to make one thing a week for the month of August but I'll be happy if I make only one thing for the month! I am a pretty harsh critic of myself so my goal is to make something that I am happy to gift. 
(Egad! Causing me to palpitate already!)

..........................................................................................

Check out these shoes! They are my favourite colour and look so cute on.


Actually it has a matching pair at my girlfriends house. It is a rule of mine not to own shoes that I know someone else has but I could not resist these.... I have rarely worn them but they are from No1 Shoes, so I don't feel so bad about it :)

Well.... I am going to post this now. Hope/trust you are all well.
Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you create! Post pictures, I would love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too - although maybe just enjoy making it for yourself first time round - less pressure?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very pretty shoes. Great idea to get the guys hunting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting.... the creative challenge, you go girl.

    ReplyDelete