Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Would you keep a friend around who lied to you all the time?

Seriously - what is with the mind and the things we tell ourselves, the things we take seriously and the things we ignore.


I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say here.


Ok, I'll start with me. Everyday I have to tell myself: I'm awesome, I'm funny, I'm good at my job, I'm not a d!ck, I'm loved, I'm valued, I'm kind. Because everyday I forget. Seriously. I'm 32, and the only thing I am certain of is that Jesus Loves Me as I am and He created me for greater. Yet, still, with the everyday reminders. What does it take to get to that space of absolute confidence? To live in that space. I just wanna be there.


I'm sick. I think that's why I am so BLERGH (you have to make that sound aloud to know exactly what I mean by it) 


It's actually pretty straightforward Romans 12:02 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Am I being dumb? Should I paint it on a canvas and hang it next to my mirror so I see it everyday, is that all it's gonna take? Or is it a work I am desperately in need of (the answer is 'yes' isn't it?) Is it a work in progress?


Oh Jesus, I'm glad you have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment