Friday, February 5, 2010

Today I break my fast.

So it is day six of twenty one of The Daniel Fast
(Dan 1:12-14 "Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.") 
and I find myself at the kitchen bench making pavlova! This is not some random act by any means, but the results of my own pushiness!! I invited myself (I have a habit of this) to my workmates for dinner, insisting that he make BBQ Spare Ribs (care of BBQ Pit Boy) (drag to 5.18 for a close up) and I offered to make potato salad and pav. Little did I know we (as a Church) were about to be going into a Daniel Fast!! That'll teach me though. So, I break my fast today for the ribs I demanded, while my husband (quite happily actually) soldiers on. 


The Daniel Fast has been incredibly enlightening and a fantastic topic of discussion. I have loved hearing about all the food friends have enjoyed. I think it has been a blessing though many were anticipating significant struggle. Coffee seems to be the strongest habit people have fought to break. We have had some fun with a Vegan Cooking Class and again enjoyed some seriously good food! 


I sincerely Bless the Lord! It is a pleasure to see friends so happy while denying themselves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment